Barclays plc upgraded by Investec, BT Group downgraded by JPMorgan as investors take a cooler approach after stellar year thus far
- Category: Barclays Plc
- Published on Wednesday, 11 April 2012 13:41
- Written by Rob Samson
Broker Action Update: Today sees Investec plc (LON:INVP) upgrading their rating on Barclays plc (LON:BARC) to a Buy.
The Buy call comes as Barclays shares bounce higher by 4 pct to 214.85p.
Investec have advised a target share price at 240.
This morning we reported that Societe Generale had maintained their Hold rating on Barclays, however their target share price is more generous than that bestowed by Investec at 250p.
The Investec call is one made over the stocks current valuation.
After a 20% fall since early March analyst's said the bank’s shares looked ‘a little cheap’ and did not reflect the gains made by BlackRock, the fund management group in which Barclays is a leading shareholder
Elsewhere, BT Group plc (LON:BT.A) was downgraded by JPMorgan. Analysts at the investment bank now have the telecoms giant at Neutral, a target price is set at 240.
Our last quote on BT Group puts the share price at 212.30.
The downgrade comes on valuation grounds, while the broker also cited concerns over its revenue and dividend outlook.
2012 has been a great year so far for BT - the share price has risen some 15 pct, compared with a 5.2 percent fall for the European telecoms sector and 0.4 percent rise for the FTSE 100.
The stock has broken through its 20 and 50 day moving average support levels in the last two trading days, thus investors will be wanting to guard against any over-heating in the share price.
Latest on The Economy News
- HSBC Holdings plc: HSBA shares hit lower as investors persist with a now 6 pct correction from 4.5 year highs
- EMED Mining Public Limited and Chariot Oil & Gas Limited: Two stocks forecasted to head in opposite directions
- Outlook for Sirius Minerals PLC and XCITE ENERGY LIMITED suggest short-term price action will be biased to the downside
- Outlook for the Australian dollar dealt a blow as Goldman Sachs forecasts further declines; technical charts firmly against the AUD
- Outlook for the Euro boosted further as German Gfk index rises unexpectedly; technical traders say 1.3 level will be critical to further direction
- Outlook for the British Pound Sterling: GBP/AUD breaks resistance, GBP/EUR and GBP/USD pairs facing technically bearish price-chart action
- Outlook: Pound euro exchange rate forecasted to end week in the red; Should GBP be putting in a better performance against the EUR?
Related News: Barclays Share Price Drivers
- Sell Barclays plc into rallies warns Nomura who prefer HSBC Holdings and Standard Chartered plc stock
- Barclays shares finally give way as LIBOR fixing storm grows but one analyst says BARC's actions actually helped save the financial system
- Concerns for Barclays plc share price as it breaks through resistance at 200p; technicals suggest further falls possible