Currency forecasts: Too many flash points for the euro warn UniCredit who say any EUR recovery will be hard to come by
- Category: Exchange Rates
- Published on Friday, 01 June 2012 12:22
- Written by Will Peters
The latest currency forecast note from UniCredit, the Italian bank, sees the EUR-USD entrenching itself in the 1.25-1.20 trading band.
(Access to the UniCredit FX forecast tables are available at our IMT site, access is Free via the site's Facebook gateway).
On the near-term outlook for the euro, UniCredit say:
"If it's not about Greece, it's about Spain.
"We remain rather skeptical in regard to the performance of the euro over the next couple of weeks.
"This picture does not bode well for EUR-USD unless we will have an extremely disappointing US labor market report this afternoon."
The US dollar is forecasted to continue benefiting from the on-going nervousness amongst investors.
"The US dollar may even benefit from simultaneously weaker oil prices, which are also an indication of increasing risk aversion. Now that EUR-USD is well established in the 1.20-1.25 trading band, any recovery potential will be strictly limited while a break of the 1.23 threshold would keep the door wide open for a slide into the lower half of the trading band," say UniCredit.
Latest Exchange Rate News
- Pound to euro exchange rate (GBP/EUR): Sterling Rally Comes to an Abrupt End
- Euro to Pound Sterling Exchange Rate: EUR/GBP Heads Higher as EUR/USD Rallies
- Pound sterling vs Australian and New Zealand dollars: GBP continues to be battered by NZD, temporary relief vs AUD
- Euro exchange rate today: Inflation data fails to provide the impetus for EUR to recover vs USD and GBP
- Aus dollar trades with fresh menace; are we going to see further gains ahead?
- Euro forecasted to slump against Australian dollar by UniCredit Bank
- Australian dollar outlook turns increasingly constructive as AUD outperforms all others on FX markets today
- NZ dollar: UBS forecasting further gains in the value of the New Zealand dollar
- British pound sterling shoots up against the euro and US dollar (but GBP/USD suddenly plunges!)
- Euro dollar exchange rate outlook for today: EUR/USD predicted to resume downside correction
- Why is the Pound Sterling Stronger Today? The Latest News, Views and Outlook for the pound exchange rates
- Swiss Franc to Pound Sterling (CHF/GBP): "There is a malaise around Swiss monetary policy"
- Australian Dollar exchange rate predictions: AUD boosted by jobs data, GBP predicted to stay strong though
- Euro Exchange Rate Today: Outlook for EUR Remains Positive, but Key Resistance Levels Ahead
- US Dollar vs Pound Sterling exchange rate: GBP is down, but not out
Latest on The Economy News
- Heritage Oil PLC + XCITE ENERGY LIMITED: HOIL Updates on Tax Position, XEL Fails to Impress Investors Latest Update
- Thomas Cook Group plc: TCG Faces Conflicting Signals on the Charts
- Tech Alert on Gulf Keystone Petroleum Limited: For GKP "This bearish signal indicates that the stock price may fall"
- Imagination Technologies Group plc backed by Intel Corporation Backing: Why IMG is a Buy
- ARM Holdings plc vs Intel Corporation: Sell Rating on ARM Confirmed as INTC Launch XMM 7260
- HSBC Holdings plc: HSBA shows "little in the chart to suggest that a sudden push higher is imminent"
- Vodafone Group plc: VOD Outlook Adjusted to Factor in New Share Count