Live: The Pound / Euro Exchange Rate Chart
Live: The Pound / Euro Exchange Rate Chart - This is the spot market rate, for the best possible retail market quote please enquire with our partner here
Latest Pound to Euro Exchange Rate News
- Pound euro exchange rate: GBP/EUR Solidifies Ground Above 1.18; BUT Beware EUR Comeback
- Pound euro exchange rate (GBP/EUR): Lloyds Bank Research forecast further gains for GBP as employment data improves
- Pound sterling to euro exchange rate shoots higher; GBP/EUR reclaims 1.18 again
- Pound euro exchange rate (GBP/EUR) strengthened by double whammy of Carney and UK house price rises
- Pound euro exchange rate outlook for today: GBP/EUR predicted to maintain a positive bias
- Euro pound sterling exchange rate (EUR/GBP) slumps back down to 0.84, as EUR/USD heads higher
- Pound to euro exchange rate outlook: EUR enjoying newfound strength as GfK consumer confidence shoots higher
- Delivering the Best Pound / Euro Exchange Rate
- Pound Euro Exchange Rate: GBP/EUR Notches up Fresh Gains; Outperformance of UK Over EZ PMI Data is Key Driver for FX
- Pound Sterling Today: Pound to Euro Zooms in on 1.18; Swiss Data Misses the Mark Sending CHF Lower
- Pound Euro exchange rate boosted by Vodafone / Verizon deal
- Pound to Euro Exchange Rate Retakes 1.17: German Unemployment Figures Disappoint but UniCredt are Bearish GBP
- Euro pound exchange rate (EUR/GBP) in the red; however RBS forecast continued GBP weakness ahead while EUR is expected to appreciate
- Pound to euro exchange rate advances as French consumer confidence numbers hit EUR; analysts see little chance of a major GBP-EUR appreciation however
- Outlook: Pound euro exchange rate forecasted to end week in the red; Should GBP be putting in a better performance against the EUR?
Pound to Euro | Pound Euro Exchange Rate News and Insights
Pound to euro exchange rate extends gains on Friday; currency analyst backs currency to hold 1.2 level vs EUR
- Category: Pound to Euro
- Published on Friday, 16 March 2012 11:36
- Written by Rob Samson
The pound to euro exchange rate is currently at 1.2037, while the pound to dollar exchange rate is at 1.5741. Both currency pairs have gained on yesterday's closing position.
"Sterling has extended its gains this morning, and looks set to hold above the key €1.20 level," notes Richard Driver, analyst at Caxton Fx.
The euro faltered yesterday as it was reported that employment declined 0.2 per cent in the final quarter 2011, with employment in Greece representing an 8.5 per cent decline.
Advertisement - Article Continues Below
"Despite this, European stocks have gained for a fourth straight day on the back of US growth. This should provide some short-term respite for the single currency, so this pair should remain fairly range-bound today, with downside risks limited," notes Driver.
Sterling is looking fairly resilient against the US dollar this morning, and we may see it gain a little more ground on profit-taking following the dollar’s recent gains.
The dollar initially gained ground against sterling yesterday morning following news that the ratings agency Fitch had put the UK credit rating on negative watch.
Sterling began recovering ground later in the session, as improving risk appetite on the back of positive economic data from the States undermined the US dollar’s safe haven appeal.
With no economic releases due from the UK today investors will look to CPI inflation figures and industrial production data from the US this afternoon.