Live: The Pound / Euro Exchange Rate Chart
Live: The Pound / Euro Exchange Rate Chart - This is the spot market rate, for the best possible retail market quote please enquire with our partner here
Latest Pound to Euro Exchange Rate News
- Pound euro exchange rate: GBP/EUR Solidifies Ground Above 1.18; BUT Beware EUR Comeback
- Pound euro exchange rate (GBP/EUR): Lloyds Bank Research forecast further gains for GBP as employment data improves
- Pound sterling to euro exchange rate shoots higher; GBP/EUR reclaims 1.18 again
- Pound euro exchange rate (GBP/EUR) strengthened by double whammy of Carney and UK house price rises
- Pound euro exchange rate outlook for today: GBP/EUR predicted to maintain a positive bias
- Euro pound sterling exchange rate (EUR/GBP) slumps back down to 0.84, as EUR/USD heads higher
- Pound to euro exchange rate outlook: EUR enjoying newfound strength as GfK consumer confidence shoots higher
- Delivering the Best Pound / Euro Exchange Rate
- Pound Euro Exchange Rate: GBP/EUR Notches up Fresh Gains; Outperformance of UK Over EZ PMI Data is Key Driver for FX
- Pound Sterling Today: Pound to Euro Zooms in on 1.18; Swiss Data Misses the Mark Sending CHF Lower
- Pound Euro exchange rate boosted by Vodafone / Verizon deal
- Pound to Euro Exchange Rate Retakes 1.17: German Unemployment Figures Disappoint but UniCredt are Bearish GBP
- Euro pound exchange rate (EUR/GBP) in the red; however RBS forecast continued GBP weakness ahead while EUR is expected to appreciate
- Pound to euro exchange rate advances as French consumer confidence numbers hit EUR; analysts see little chance of a major GBP-EUR appreciation however
- Outlook: Pound euro exchange rate forecasted to end week in the red; Should GBP be putting in a better performance against the EUR?
Pound to Euro | Pound Euro Exchange Rate News and Insights
- Category: Pound to Euro
- Published on Thursday, 14 June 2012 11:40
- Written by The Editor
To put the Eurozone crisis in perspective it is worth noting the calibre of the politicians who are in charge.
This comes courtesy of John Meyer at Fairfax IS:
"Spain is not Greece." - Elena Salgado, Spanish Finance minister, February, 2010.
"Portugal is not Greece." - The Economist, April 2010.
"Greece is not Ireland." - George Papaconstantinou, Greek Finance minister, November, 2010.
"Spain is neither Ireland nor Portugal." - Elena Salgado, Spanish Finance minister, November 2010.
"Ireland is not in ‘Greek Territory.’" - Irish Finance Minister Brian Lenihan. November 2010.
"Neither Spain nor Portugal is Ireland." - Angel Gurria, Secretary-general OECD, November, 2010.
"Spain is not Uganda." - Spanish PM Rajoy. June, 2012
"Uganda does not want to be Spain." - (Uganda foreign minister) Jun 13th 2012
Italy is not Spain.” – Ed Parker, Fitch MD, 12 June 2012